THE BRIDGE OF ALLAN HEALTH CARE TEAM hope to make available a comprehensive individual medical service in a courteous and timely manner to all our patients. The reception staff endeavour to provide you with access to the services of the Primary Health Care Team at the earliest possible time which is suitable to you.
Whilst we hope to provide a trouble free service, occasional glitches do occur. If you have any problems with the service please ask for our Practice Manager, Louise McCallum or Dr Johnstone, Senior Partner. The Primary Health Care Team normally hope to achieve the following quality standards:
1. VERIFIED EMERGENCIES will be seen within 30 minutes of the call.
2. Patients who feel they need to be seen URGENTLY THAT DAY will receive clinical assessment that day.
3. NON-URGENT appointments will be accommodated within 2 working days unless demand is exceptional.
4. Non-urgent home visits requested before 10am will be seen before 4pm that day.
5. The appointment system is based on 10 minutes appointments. It is possible to book a double appointment if you feel that you genuinely need more time with your doctor. If the surgery is running more than 20 minutes late an explanation will be offered.
6. Patients on long-term treatment or having a long term health problem will have an individual contract care plan with the health care team.
7. The medical staff endeavour to maintain their medical knowledge to the highest standards by participating in Continuous Professional Development activities and undergoing peer review in the form of GP Appraisal annually. The partners and nurses have a number of special interests and your doctor may invite you to see another member of the Health Care Team with specialist knowledge. Should a hospital opinion be required, the team will refer you to the best and most appropriate specialist service.
The BRIDGE OF ALLAN HEALTH CARE TEAM value your decision to register with us and we would appreciate your help to allow us to provide the highest quality service. Please TALK TO US IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM as we would like to address any difficulties you have with our service.
a) Please cancel appointments you can’t keep. This will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
b) Please try to be on time and let us know if you are delayed.
c) Try to request a home visit before 10am (where the condition allows) and only ask for home visits where your condition prevents you coming to the surgery.
d) Please ask for emergency visits or out of hour’s visits only when the condition cannot wait until the next day’s clinic.